🎵Flashcards and hand cream, window blinds and planners… these are a few of my favourite things 🎵… good old ‘Sound of Music’.
I Bought and was given some really good stuff this year 😊.
As the year draws to a close – especially as I’m not planning on getting anything special again, oh well, except l’m surprised, or I can afford to buy me a new hot body 😜. Jokes apart, here are my favourite items of 2018, they may seem inconsequential to some people, but they absolutely rocked my 2018.
- Collins Frequency words Flashcards: I bought this product to help my youngest kick off his reading. His teacher was writing words to learn on little cards and that made me go looking for something to help him. These cards were a hit. My son loves them and he is always eager to blend the words and read.
- Ikea Block-out Pleated Blind; I went looking for these when the boys started waking us up too early this summer. I’d visited a few fabric stores and checked online but all that I saw were too pricey. Thanks to Ikea, we got a few minutes extra sleep this summer and it was very affordable and easy to put up. Despite delivery mix-up and their crappy customer service 🙄, this is a product I am still enjoying and I recommend.
- Costco Aluminium Foil; If you’re a big foil user like me, you need to get this heavy duty foil from Costco or something similar. I use foil ALOT! I grill or roast almost everything and I use it to steam my Jollof-rice and moi-moi. Basically, I can’t function in the Kitchen without foil. After 2 years of buying foil almost every week, decided to try this product and it lasted a year 😲! oh yes and I must reiterate that I use alottt of foil. So, this product did it for me this year.
- L’Occitane Amande Hand and Nail Cream; I’ve never been much of a hand cream user. This changed when this hand cream came into my life 😊. It was part of the items in the gift bag from Dr. Adeola’s party. I had to use it on the boys one day and loved how it felt on my skin. Since then, I’ve been a disciple of this product. I actually tried other variations from L’Occitane but (🎤’no one else comes close to you, no one makes me feel the way you do …😁’) I still went back to this particular one. It leaves my hands feeling pampered, love it 😘.
- Cook Italia Tomato Puree; Jollof rice lovers come over here, I tried this product and I’ve not looked back since then. I used it and noticed the smell of my Jollof was different, tasted it and I was in smoky Jollof heaven 😋. Now if you use it and you don’t get the same result, it must mean it’s not the puree then. It then means I’ve become a jollof rice maestro 🤗. For my non-Nigerian readers, Jollof -Rice is rice cooked in rich tomato and pepper paste that is much loved by Nigerians.
- 2018 Calendar/planner; Drum roll, please… We have a winner 🤩. I already mentioned in an earlier post how much buying the planner helped me this year. It is without a doubt my favourite item this year.
I hope you get yourself one next year, and not to worry, Aunty Lulu’s got you covered with my ‘Mum, My Super Hero’ planner. Please send me a message if you’re interested as they are available for purchase.
That’s my list, what was your favourite purchase or gift this year? Please feel free to gush about it/them in the comment section. 😘